Every so often, games are made playable to everyone with Xbox Live Gold for a weekend so they can try the game and see if they like it or not. This weekend is the turn of Diablo III – Ultimate Edition.
This is a five act story which allows you to play as a character referred to as the Nephalim who fights through levels of enemies trying to defeat the minions of darkness. You can play as one of several character classes
- Barbarian – A beast who gets up close and personal with the bad guys and can rip them apart. An ability to leap on the heads of the beasts has always been a favourite for me.
- Crusader – A knight of sorts who uses sword and shield and can heal party members.
- Demon Hunter – Uses crossbows or hand crossbows – one in each hand for extra attack speed – and can summon creatures to aid him.
- Monk – A martial artist who can attack many creatures at once and can even pass through enemies, attacking them as they go.
- Necromancer – Only available through DLC purchase. Raises the dead to fight alongside them, and curses the enemies, or even makes corpses to explode to kill other enemies.
- Witch Doctor – Uses blow darts or summons creatures to do their bidding and terrifies the enemies, sometimes literally scaring them to death.
- Wizard – Wielder of powerful magicks and spells that can slow down time make enemies attack each other.
The game is free from Thursday, July 27th, 2017 – Monday, July 31st, 2017. It is an isometric view game with lots of blood and gore. Each character has their own story that goes with them, and there are male or female versions of each.
The Eternal Edition is also on offer during this time, and this includes the Necromancer.